Saturday, December 3, 2011

Must Do's in Spain?

Since this is my last (as of right now) planned stay here in Spain I've been trying to do a little research on the things I "must do" before I leave. I read an article today and it said that I must do these 10 things:

  1. Eat free tapas: check
  2. See a bullfight
  3. See the Architecture of Antoní Gaudí (aka La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona): check
  4. Visit the Alhambra: check
  5. See a Flamenco Show
  6. Visit Madrid's Three Essential Art Museums (Reina Sofia, Prado and Thyssen-Bornemisza): check
  7. See Segovia's Aqueduct & Fairytale Castle
  8. Eat Paella in Valencia
  9. The City of Seville: check
  10. Camino de Santiago
5 of 10. I have a little work to do.

I do want to go to one bullfight before I leave. I need some help figuring out where and when. Also, I want to go with someone, preferribly someone Spanish that can explain what is going on. I've heard it makes a big difference in your bullfight viewing experience.

I also want to see a flamenco show...I suppose I've kind of done that one...I saw a street flamenco show. I'd like to see another to get some good pictures.

I've never even really thought of going to Segovia, but I have to go to Madrid pretty "regularly" when I fly into or out of Spain. I could go there for a long weekend or puente. It's only an hour and a half from Madrid. I just looked at some pictures and it does seem pretty cool. Hmmmmm...

I've also eaten lots of paella, but not in Valencia. If it ends up being financially possible I'd like to see Las Fallas in Valencia in March. Maybe if that happens I'll eat some paella.

I also really want to do the Camino de Santiago, but that depends entirely on money. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it in June, right after my program ends. I'll receive my last paycheck, and I could try to do it with that, but I only get paid 700 euro and I've seen lots of resources that say 1000 is better. Also, that would leave me with no money to get settled back in the US.

We'll see if I can get these last 5 checked off before I leave in May/June.

No comments: